Sunday Brunch: Penelope

Happy New Year!

I rang in 2017 at Jameson's, a bar around the corner from my friends apartment and was in bed by 12:30 and perfectly happy!

I had one goal today in mind and that was to have brunch at Penelope in Murray Hill. Now they don't take reservations and the wait can reach hours even in the early morning. They opened at 9am for New Years Day and so we made sure to arrive no later then 9:15. We were seated right away and by the time we left they were already on a wait-list.

Penelope

                   
I will be going back for both the Sam I Am and the Salmon Poached Eggs!

I am a brunch addict who usually eats Eggs Benedict; however today I went with something completely different. First order of business was to order an Ice Coffee and start filling my body with fluids. When serving hot coffee they serve in all different mugs which I thought was completely interesting and definitely a conversation starter.

This pig mug stole the show from the tables surrounding us!


With our coffees order it was time to look at the starters; which all sounded amazing and looked delicious as they came out of the kitchen and in the end we decided on......

Cider Doughnut Holes
The glaze was sweet and perfect for dipping once cut in half to eat. I probably could have just eaten those yet I still ordered an entree. I knew right away that I was going to order the Prix-Fixe which came with a meal and either a Brunch Cocktail or kobricks house blend coffee/tea and juice. I had the hardest time choosing between the Sam I Am and the Nutella French Toast. In the end I treated myself and went with the Nutella French Toast and a mimosa!

Nutella French Toast 

Three slices of baguette french toast filled with Nutella and topped with caramelized bananas was delicious and over the top at the same time. I was only able to eat two slices and didn't leave behind any banana slices.

My friend ordered the Punkin' Waffles and a Blackberry Bellini! The entire menu looked good and with amazing service and the comfy feeling I can't wait to visit again! The cozy atmosphere and friendly staff and patrons was such a nice feeling on New Years Day!

Punkin' Waffles
Our table had the flower and the table to the right had a house. I wonder if every table has a different picture. Small things like that and the mugs make Penelope a stand out restaurant along with the great service and delicious food.

Flower
What is your favorite Brunch meal?

XoXo,
Tracy 

Comments

Popular Posts

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *