2017

Happy New Year!

If you came here looking for my 2017 resolutions then you are in the wrong place. Resolutions are too structured, too big, and most likely will set you up for disappointment.

2017 

I was in Starbucks today waiting for a friend to get her coffee when 3 girls walked in and one said "I am going to be more present in 2017. Look around 9 out of 10 people are nose down in their phones."

The lady next to her chimed in "Remember when we didn't have cell phones and people brought books to coffee shops" and the girls looked at each other and said "No, but I wish we did." It hit me at that moment today I need to be more present. I need to be more in the moment.

Is that a resolution, no but it sure is a goal that I hope to meet. As we hit the streets of NYC today I took my phone out here and there to snatch a photo, but I really worked on just enjoying the city and my surroundings.

In 2016 there was lots of good, and some not so great moments, too. Professionally this year started on a real low note and only within the last few weeks did it end on a high one. Figuring out what I want to do, where I want to be, and ultimately what will make me happy is a huge priority for 2017. Personally, I had some growth this year, but only after really hitting rock bottom. In August, I started seeing a life coach who really brought clarity to my life. She gave me the tools I needed to move forward with my grief, reign in on my high anxiety, and overall be the best person I can be. Writing and talking have been extremely helpful as well. One of my favorite quotes she said when we first met has really stuck with me "Everything will be okay in the end. If it's no okay, it's not the end!"

I have goals, wishes, and things that I want to focus on in 2017. Some I am keeping to myself and others I will share here and with friends and family over the course of the next few months. It's important not to set yourself up for disappointment and to be realistic.

I want more adventure and travel this year. Making my health a priority is also high on the list. I did my best to further develop those friendships that are most important to me, though there are a few friends who I haven't spent nearly enough time with this year. More writing and photography will be happening. As of today there were 108 blog posts and I look forward to more in the new year!

More Road Trips in 2017

Travel

What's one wish you have for 2017?

XoXo,
Tracy 








Comments

Popular Posts

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *