My College Roommate's Baby Shower

My roadtrip to Hudson, MA started Friday around 12:30pm when I left work. I had a goal and that was to arrive no later then 5:30pm. I took the GSP ( Garden State Parkway) to the Tappan Zee Bridge and through CT on back highways to avoid the 95 traffic. There was one stop at the Darien Service Area  and another at a local gas station about 5 miles from her house. With two stops and some light traffic in the Worcester area I made it at 6:02pm. Since they were kind enough to wait for me for dinner I dropped my bags and we hopped back in the car and headed to Outback, first making two stops at Target and Destination Maternity. I didn't realize how hungry I was until the bread was placed on the table and I ate almost a whole loaf myself. It's OK because for dinner I had this amazing dish, Tilapa with Pure Lump Crab Meat. No meal is complete without a sweet dessert, Salted Caramel Cookie Skillet shared by my roommate and I. Once we arrived home we hung out and watched Impractial Jokers, which I never knew existed. Lights out around 11am and I woke up the next morning around 8:30 feeling refreshed. We spent the remainder of the morning getting ready and catching up some more before heading out to her Baby Shower. We were meeting her mom about a half hour earlier then the guests were set to arrive to see how the space was decorated and take some photos! I dubbed myself the photographer of the day and was so happy to get some great shots of her celebration for her and baby girl, Mackenzie!


The baby shower was hosted by her mom, mother-in-law and sister-in-law at the Maynard Lodge of Elks. The decorations were absolutely gorgeous and everything came out wonderful! 



There were so many thoughtful gifts, great advice shared among mothers and friends, and games. 




Her mom had saved some of her baby items and put them in a chest for her. The sentiment was so sweet and bought tears to every one's eyes. 




When you smile at your mom because she saved your baby blanket. My sister still has her blanket and I know she has hopes of passing it down to her child one day.


Before she even opened the box above she looked over to her mother who had tears rolling down her face, as well as the rest of the table. Her nana had knitted these blankets in hopes of one day giving them to her great-grand child. Again, there wasn't a dry eye in the place once we heard the stories behind the special blankets.


No one got the correct answer of 54.11 but two people came close enough to win without being over. On the onesie we left motherly advice. 


We attended Johnson & Wales University in Providence, RI and were roommates as well. We spent some great years together. I wish we still lived close by and since we don't I cherish every moment we talk and spend together! 


Her mom made these cute hot cocoa jars as take home gifts for the guests as well as the lolly pop and chocolate covered pretzels! 


These cupcakes were delicious. How cute is the sign and the pink sprinkles or jimmies as they call them in New England. Yes, I was corrected on more then one occasion for calling them sprinkles. 

Once the shower was over we packed up the cars and headed back to their place. After unloading the cars I said my goodbyes. My next stop was Providence to see my old stomping ground. Check back tomorrow night for that post! 

What did you do this weekend?

XoXo,
Tracy 

Comments

  1. Beautiful indeed! So it's a baby girl. Pink and white decorations in the hall are eye catching. Searching for a similar set up of event venues Chicago for my friend's spinster party. Photography will be done at booth stations arranged in the corners. Also the ribbons, cake, balloons and lights will be done to make the bride feel on cloud nine.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *