NJ Travel Town; Montclair

Whether you are looking for a funky downtown or a scenic views of the New York Skyline, then Montclair is the place to visit. This urban suburb is home to an electric music scene, a foodies heaven and an outdoor lovers paradise.


I spent the day, which isn't nearly enough, exploring the downtown area. I am already looking forward to my next day trip up there.


I loved the color found in the windows above. Again, this colorful town was drawing me in within seconds of parking my car.

I love a great consignment shop. I enjoy thrift shopping. I could scour the racks for hours and not ever get bored or even have the urge to make a purchase. One Savvy Design, located on Church Street was my first stop of the day. From the jewelry case to the back sale room I enjoyed rummaging through the racks! The shop is on the first floor of this cute peach building. Check them out on Instagram or Facebook.


As I continued walking through the town I came to realize that this is the perfect place to shop small business. Supporting local stores is something that I especially love. Hearing the story behind their shops is something I always find interesting.






The architecture is different. Each building has its own unique design that makes it stand out from another. The two photos above are building that are across the street from one another. There is so much charm in this small town. The people welcome you with open arms and I enjoyed chatting with store associates and owners.


I walked by, Villalobos and immediately fell in love with the exterior of the restaurant. Next time I am planning to stop in their for a bite. You can see more on their Instagram, Twitter, or Facebook.


Can we talk about how colorful these buildings are?


The map above gives you the best idea of how you want to explore the downtown area. Side street after side street you are bound to find some hidden gems. I was so happy to find, DollyMoo, located on Glenridge Ave. These handmade skincare products are made in the kitchen in the back of the store and are tested on friends and family. The associate took time to explain how some of the products are created, what each product does, and even let me test a few products! I can't highly recommend them enough. The coconut citrus body scrub or muscle butter had to be two of my favorites. Follow them on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest.


At this point I had worked up an appetite and found myself at Samba, a Brazilian restaurant. They offer a lunch special with 1/2 panini and 1/2 salad.



Goat Cheese w/ Fig Spread & Prosciutto on Ciabatta Bread & Gourmet Salad 
Is this not the cutest way to have lunch served. As I scored a table near the corner I was able to have  view of the bustling town while enjoying this delicious meal. The salad was the perfect size and everything was so fresh, The presentation along with the service was spot on. There is a sign stating 'No Wifi" please have conversations with each other which I thought was clever! I would highly recommend checking them out for Lunch or Dinner.



It was a great day to explore the area. I also hit up Van Vleck House & Gardens and Eagle Rock Reservation which I will talk about in another post.

What is your favorite cuisine?

XoXo,
Tracy 

Comments

Popular Posts

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *