International Women's Day

If you didn't realize that today is #InternationalWomensDay well now you know. You can read more about the day here.

Celebrating the amazing woman who graced my life and is no longer with us; my mother.



She was diagnosed with cancer when I was just a infant and went on to fight the disease for the next 23 years until she passed away in June 2010.

When I think of strength I remember the woman who raised two girls to become independent women. When I think of fighter I remember the woman who had chemotherapy treatments and then went straight to work after, not letting down the autistic children she worked with.
When I think of courage I remember the woman who didn't let the disease rule her life.
When I think of determination I remember the woman who made sure she watched my younger sister graduate high school even though she was pretty sick at the time.
When I think of laughter I remember the woman who would laugh so hard she could barely breathe. I tend to get myself in the same predicament.

As I wear red today and stand with every woman out there I am reminded that my mother, my biggest influence and role model would be proud of both my sister and I.

I have had this song on repeat today.

I read this on Instagram.

The Lady Project was co-founded by a college peer, Sierra Barter. Check out this amazing organization!

It's time we use our voice and our platforms for better. Be the Change!

Who are some women that inspire you?

XoXo,
Tracy 

Comments

Popular Posts

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *