2016

Can you believe we are 3 days away from 2017? Do you have any exciting New Year's Eve plans? I am headed into NYC to have dinner with my best friend and then Sunday we are going for brunch, hopefully to Penelope. They don't take reservations and they open at 9am on New Years Day for brunch so our plan is arrive right around 9.

2017 Kate Spade Planner


With that said, 2016 has been a year with some highs and lows.

At the beginning of 2016 I was preparing to close my first retail store as a manager and wasn't sure what would be next. It was then I decided to start this blog. It was my outlet as I navigated my way through unemployment, finding my happiness, and finding who I wanted to be. Today that is still a work in progress but I am much happier today then I was a year ago.

As a child I remember my parents would take us to the Bronx Zoo; however I never remember going to the circus. This past February as a family with my cousins we went to the Big Apple Circus, which happened to also be the coldest day of the year. Seeing the smiling faces on my little cousins was priceless and spending time with the family is something I very much cherish.

One of my favorite series from other bloggers was "Friday Favorites" and I loved writing my own! It's interesting to see what inspires others, what they are reading, buying, or doing. I look forward to many more in 2017!

As I mentioned the year had some lows and I wrote a little about it here. Today I can say that I am totally worth fighting for. Back in August I started seeing a Life Coach rather then a therapist who really helped and guided me to find my way. Through a lot of writing and talking I have been able to open up and communicate better. I find the positive more then the negative and most of all I believe in myself a little more each day.

It is no secret that I love to travel, I am such a foodie, and I love all things Food, Travel, & Hospitality that I even have a Bachelors Degree in Hospitality Management. Another great series I have enjoyed writing on this little blog of mine, is restaurant reviews!

This past year I was a receptionist at a local yoga studio in New Jersey and let me tell you, I am so glad I took the position. Yoga has taught me a few things I look forward to more classes in 2017!

I worked for B&H Photo for close to three years and loved learning all about photography. I learned from co-workers, industry professionals, and even my own father! Only recently have I started taking photos again. I shot this photo shoot for my best friend and her husband a week after they adopted their cute puppy!

Fundraising has always been a huge part of my life. I worked for the American Cancer Society, The Crohn's & Colitis Foundation and volunteered at the Ronald McDonald House. My mother would gather the troops to walk in the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Walk in NYC every year. Giving Tuesday is very important and I am a huge advocate in giving back!

As the year comes to a close I look forward to celebrating Hanukkah with my family on Friday. This past weekend we celebrated Chrismukkah! My sister gives the greatest gifts as she listens throughout the year and doesn't ask what we would want!

Hanukkah Gifts 

#YouAreBeautiful


What is your favorite memory from 2016?

XoXo,
Tracy 



Comments

Popular Posts

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *