Not the hotel, Holiday Inn...

Happy Monday, friends. Can you believe it is already Thanksgiving week? For many that means a short work week! I plan to do some work as well as donate my time this week, that post will be coming tomorrow.

Friday I headed into NYC for our annual girls night, with my friend and her mom. Usually we grab dinner and drinks and call it a night; however we decided to change it up and add a Broadway show to the mix.

I love to play tourist when in the city, even though I grew up there and lived on the UES side 2+ years. The photos below are just some of the shots I took on my phone and I have more on my camera. Having worked with professional photographers and in the industry for some time I am loving exploring it now on my own terms.

The first stop on the tour before dinner and the show was checking out the Winter Village at Bryant Park. With free admission to the skating rink, holiday shops, and the Public Fare there is something for the entire family!

We stopped into the Max Brenner booth as well as Woops, a macaroon pop up shop. I am not a huge fan of them, but the Mint Chocolate Chip was seriously delicious.




As we finished up I was craving a stop at Wafels & Dinges. Since we would be eating dinner sooner rather then later we decided to share a wafel with chocolate sauce and marshmallows. There a a few locations throughout NYC, so be sure to check them out the next time you are in the city.


We walked from Bryant Park down 6th Ave to 54th Street. Being that we had some more time to kill we stopped into The London NYC for a glass of champagne at the bar. Greg the bartender was nice enough to charge my phone as we struck up a conversation about hotels throughout the city!

From there we made our way to Iquana NYC for dinner before seeing Holiday Inn at Studio 54. My love for avocado's and homemade guacamole hit the spot.


Add two Coconut Margarita's on the rocks and my main entree, Shrimp Enchilada and I was set. I loved that the enchilada was topped with lump crab meat. I asked for the smoked tomatillo chipotle sauce on the side as I like to add it at my own pace as well as some leftover guacamole.


We ended dinner with the house specialty, Fried Ice Cream. The cool thing about the restaurant is that it turns into a Latin Club on the 2nd Floor and a Dance Party on the lower level.

With our stomachs full we walked down the street to see the new Irving Berlin show, Holiday Inn at Studio 54. The dancing and singing were spectacular and the cast was phenomenal. An all around great musical and one that I would highly recommend this holiday season! At the end of the show, the crew was outside with buckets collecting donations for Broadway Cares/Equity Fights Aids.

Here is a photo with the main actor, Bryce Pinkham who plays Jim the main character. Corbin Bleu, who plays Ted another main character also starred in High School Musical!


It was a wonderful day in the city. With the holidays around the corner I look forward to spending more time in the city! It's my favorite time of the year.

How was your weekend?

XoXo,
Tracy

Comments

Popular Posts

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *