Friendsgiving 2016

Happy Monday!

Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend. I worked both Saturday morning at the yoga studio and all day Sunday at the Gap. Saturday night my sister, her boyfriend and I(sorta) hosted a Friendsgiving at our house. Friday night we hit up Costco & Wegmans in order for them to prep Saturday before I got home. Once I was home the decorating would begin! Being real, I wouldn't do well in the kitchen and her boyfriend enjoys the cooking aspect.

Just listening to the menu I knew we would be in for a treat and I was excited for leftovers for this week! 14 people gathered around the table while there was probably enough food to feed about 25-30 people.

Here are some photos from the night! After dinner and watching some football we decided to play some Heads Up and let me tell you it was hysterical.




We set the appetizers in the living room so everyone could gather around before dinner. The game was on in the background as was some holiday music to get everyone in the mood!


Appetizers included: Cheese Platter, Mozzarella Sticks, Pigs in a Blanket, Chips and Guacamole/Salsa/Buffalo Dip, and Bruschetta.




The menu for dinner was: Turkey, Baked Ziti, Mashed Potatoes, Lo Mein, Corn Souffle, Corn Bread, Broccoli, Stuffing, Pasta Salad, Caramelized Carrots, and Cesar Salad.


And for my favorite, Desserts: Chocolate Covered Pretzels, Fried Oreos, Funfetti Cake, Mandel Bread, S'mores Pie, Boston Cream Pie, and a Fruit Platter.

I think Friendsgiving is wonderful and I would encourage everyone to gather with friends and family even after the holidays. There is something special about gathering people that you love around for a great evening of food and fun!

Have you ever hosted or attended a Friendsgiving? Or what did you do this weekend?

XoXo,
Tracy


Comments

Popular Posts

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *