NJ Travel Towns, Princeton

My home state of New Jersey is home to so many wonderful small towns. Many of these towns have local train stations that you can get to from New York City's, Penn Station. Today I want to share one of my favorites, Princeton. Home to Princeton University, the town is filled with delicious restaurants, great shopping, wonderful architecture and some of the friendliest people you will come across.

Princeton University

It was a cold and cloudy day today when I visited and campus was empty but the streets were crowded with students and educators alike. The buildings on campus are a mix of modern, colonial, Collegiate Gothic, and Romanesque.





The main entrance is located on Nassau Street the main street in Downtown, Princeton. Whether you looking for a book store, clothing store, coffeehouse or restaurant you are in luck. Within steps from the entrance you can find a JCrew, Starbucks or Labyrinth Books.



Palmer Square

I love how Palmer Square is filled with character and each building is decorated differently throughout the holiday season. If you find yourself wandering the streets stop into Winberie's "Where everyone is a regular" for a quick cocktail, yummy brunch or casual meal.



The large Christmas Tree was still up in the main square, which also happened to be right outside the Nassau Inn. When I first stumbled in today I was truly taken back by the beauty and then I read the history and it just made sense. The property is absolutely stunning and I hope to book a room for a night in the near future, even if I am only 25 minutes from home.

Nassau Inn
As I mentioned I decided to take a peek inside and I was stunned by the beauty behind the red door. 

I want to curl up with a good book and glass of wine!
I wish I had more time to explore and I know I will be back in the summer and hopefully maybe book an overnight stay. 







If you are looking to stay elsewhere in the area you there is the Hyatt Regency or the The Westin Princeton at Forrestal Village both great properties for families or if you are in town for business.

Also, to note Princeton has one Luxury Boutique Hotel & Fine Dining Restaurant, the Peacock Inn.I hope to also visit and stay overnight one day in the next few months. From the photos online I can tell this will be a five star experience.

I am hungry just thinking of all the amazing restaurants in town, and I even found two new ones I hope to try in the coming months.

Triumph Brewing Company is located both in Princeton and New Hope, another great small town in Pennsylvania. From their appetizers to sandwiches and then let's not leave out the most important part, the beer they are a welcome sight especially for college students. With live music and full taps it's no wonder they are constantly  busy and usually on a wait Thursday-Sunday!


As for other restaurants in the area be sure to check out this list! As I mentioned there are two restaurants I came across today that I plan to try down the road. Agricola Eatery was listed #2 on TripAdvisor for 2017 Best Restaurants in Princeton and from the looks of the menu I can see why. The Farm to Table concept is perfect especially since the farm, Great Road Farm is less then 4 miles down the road from Princeton. Fresh food and the sense of community alone would bring me straight to Agricola!




I will report back with a Restaurant Review once I have dined at the establishment. Witherspoon Grill is also on my list.

Are you looking to see a movie or a performance you are in luck. Check out a movie at Princeton Garden Theatre or McCarter Theatre both located downtown.



What a beautiful town filled with things to do for all ages. Whether your in town for  24 hours or a few days be sure to walk around campus and the main downtown including Palmer Square!

What is your favorite small town? Where do you want to travel next?

XoXo,
Tracy 




Comments

Popular Posts

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *