Bergen County Food & Wine Festival Recap

Today I attended the 1st annual  Bergen County Food & Wine Festival with Ash of @Kissyskravings, Sueh of @Sueypetrou and another friend of theirs. Ash and I have been following each other on Instagram, and we finally met today as she graciously invited me to be one of her guests to the Food & Wine Festival. It was held in the back parking lot of Garden State Plaza in Paramus and benefited the 200 Club of Bergen County. 

Being the first year, they were able to showcase their diverse culinary excellence in Bergen County. The 200 Club of Bergen County supports families of law enforcement, fire, and EMS in the event of their death or personal injury. They provide scholarships and assistance to agencies which protect them. The tasting village was open from 1pm-6pm today while the Burger Bash was yesterday from 12pm-5pm. What better way to celebrate a great culinary scene than by hosting a Food & Wine Festival. 

Now for a full list of vendors, you can see that here. Below are just some of the places I visited, and I will preface it with, I have a major sweet tooth and I was dying to try certain dessert places. 


Glaze Donuts, home of the original Italian Rainbow Donut, was one of my must visit spots and it did not disappoint. There donuts are made without preservatives or High Fructose Corn Syrup. They have a two locations in New Jersey so be sure to check them out. I actually had one of their Oreo Donuts and it was delicious. You can check them out on Instagram


We Knead the Dough was the surprise of the day. I am not one to eat or drink anything pumpkin; but their cake sample, was melt in your mouth so good. It was so great I didn't even get a photo. Check out their Instagram and place an order soon. 

Benny's Luncheonette & Benny's Bakery and Ice Cream Shoppe is a place I will certainly drive an hour for a visit. They were serving up Cotton Candy Milkshakes and with one of the longest lines, you knew it was worth the wait. More than 3 people stopped to ask where I got it. I heard I need to head there for one of their crazy weekend creations, and after looking over the menu I am sure I will be heading north soon. Check them out on Instagram



Kara Kakes was another spot I wanted to check out. Need s'more cupcakes immediately. Check them out on Instagram


So, after filling up on desserts I also stopped at the following booths and hope to try out the restaurants in the future. 

Aumm Aumm; where you wine and dine Neapolitan style. The slice I had was delicious and my friends said there is no wrong order off the menu. Whether you are heading out with family or for date night, this sounds like the place to visit. Check out their Instagram page. 





As for Drinks check out the following:



Western Son Vodka- I recommend Prickly Pear in a Cosmo. 

It was such a fun afternoon. There are two other places I want to share but will give them each their own post over the next week. Be sure to check back for them....

XoXo,
Tracy 












Comments

Popular Posts

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *