NYC Restaurant Week: Hunt & Fish Club

We are currently in one of my favorite weeks in New York City, and that is Restaurant Week! What's better then trying a restaurant that offers a three-course prix-fixe menu specifically priced for lunch and or dinner? Saturdays are excluded and Sunday is optional which is important to remember when looking to book a reservation. 

Last Thursday night I found myself at Hunt & Fish Club, an opulent steakhouse in Midtown Manhattan, just a few blocks away from my office. At the last minute a childhood friend and I decided to take advantage of Restaurant Week and meet for dinner. Hunt & Fish Club from the moment we entered until we left was such a wonderful experience. Friendly staff, attentive servers, and delicious food made this the right choice.

When you enter you walk through a blackout curtain and greeted by a hostess at the end of the bar, which I will be going back to in the near future. She immediately took my coat and had me wait for my friend to arrive before bringing us back to our table. A reflective chrome lighting fixture hangs from the ceiling in the main dining room the bi-level aesthetic is old meets new. 

After being seated we each ordered a glass of wine before looking over the prix-fixed menu as part of Restaurant Week. The menu included three appetizer options, three entree options and two desert options. We chose one from each and decided we would share the appetizers, ordered the same entree and dessert. 

We had a small hiccup with our seats, and were moved to a new table. I didn't get a photo of my eggplant appetizer, but let me tell you, it was delicious. For my main entree I ordered the Cavetelli Bolognese, which was mouth-watering. 




For dessert, this chocolate hazelnut cake was super moist with right amount sweet. With every bite I was reminded how much of a sweet tooth I have and how I love dessert and need to treat myself to more decadent desserts.


We had a wonderful dinner, were able to catch up on our lives, and enjoy a night out in New York City. Restaurant week takes place from January 22 through February 9th, so there is still time to book a reservation. Can't wait to share next week's restaurant!

Have you ever taken advantage of restaurant week? Does it happen where you live?

XoXo,
Tracy 

Comments

Popular Posts

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *