2018 Goals & Intentions

I had every intention to post this yesterday, on January 1st, however New Year's Eve Weekend and work got the best of me.



Whoa can you believe it is already 2018. Writing and typing that on documents all day yesterday felt surreal. How did you ring in New Year's? Working in the Hospitality industry comes with working holidays which I am more then OK with. I am enjoying my new role, meeting new people, and being back in New York City!

Below at 12:45pm. In the heart of Times Square after the ball dropped!


With 2018 comes new goals and setting intentions for the year. I have a lot to be thankful for. There are so many things I want to work on this year. Some goals smaller and some much larger that will take lots of hard work which I am ready for. Here are some goals and intentions I plan to meet and implement this year. 

Eat 3 Meals: I am one to skip breakfast, have a coffee and then go until I have a headache or get "hangry" which is no good. Now that I have a definite work schedule I am going to plan out all three meals and include one or two snacks that are easy to eat on the go. Meal planning and prep will help with this and I look forward to spending some time doing that as I have never done it before...If you have any tips send them my way! 

Meditate: When I was working a yoga studio last year I had started to meditate daily and enjoyed it. After I left the studio I gave up on meditation which was a big mistake. The plan is 10 minutes every morning and 5 minutes before going to bed. It helped tremendously with my anxiety and depression. To hold myself accountable I am going to add it to my daily to-do list and planner. 

Photography: For Christmas I received a gift, some of my favorite photos in the form of a book, that can be purchased and shared. It was so special and reminded me that I love taking photos and telling the story behind them. I plan to take some online courses and get better at taking photos, both for the blog and myself. 

Blog: This little corner, with the few readers I have has been such a fun place for me to escape to. I love sharing tidbits of travel, food, photography and more of my favorite things. I want to create better content, share more stories, and engage more with my readers. I love Twitter & Instagram, but I want to do more on the blog front as well. In terms of posting I am hoping for 2-3 a week, depending on my new full-time job work schedule. 

Travel: This year I have one big trip so far and I am looking to take a few smaller trips as well. I want to explore more in the United States, especially states I have not visited before. I love solo road trips and am hoping to take a few more of those as well. Adventure happens everywhere. What are some trips you have planned this year?

These are just a few of my goals for 2018 and with everything else, they are sure to change with time. We set them knowing that life has a plan of its own. What are some of your goals for the year ahead?

Raise your glass to 2018!

XoXo,
Tracy 



Comments

Popular Posts

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *