Holiday Bucket List



Happy Tuesday! I still can't believe we are a few days away from Thanksgiving, which also means it's planning mode time to soak up the holidays in New York City. There is so much to see and do, and every year I try to make a list and accomplish it all, if not for one or two things.


This year we are pushing back our Friendsgiving until the 2nd weekend in December and making it an ugly sweater theme. I plan to decorate my own sweater and drink my way through the day!

New York City is magical during the holiday season and I am always looking for new traditions to add my already large list. So if you are in NYC, share some ideas with me! If you are not in NYC what are some ways you get into the festive spirit?

There are so many great holiday markets in the city, that I hope to visit, especially since it is always nice to support local small businesses. Grand Central Holiday Fair, Union Square Holiday Market, and Winter Village at Bryant Park, which I visited already once last week!


New to me, Brookfield Luminaries, where visitors find themselves under a canopy of glowing lanterns, suspended within the Winter Garden. The exhibit partnered with the GRAMMY Museum, which means the donations go to a great cause.

Service Project or Community Based Donations. Throughout the year I have certain charities that I either donate to monetarily or volunteer at. This year I want to make more of an impact locally. I am still not sure what this looks like, but once I do I will share with you guys!

Browse the holiday windows, which was a tradition my mother started years ago. Sometimes I find it bittersweet to view them without her, but she is always with me, I believe!

I have yet to visit the Le Parker Meridien Hotel to see the Gingerbread Houses and hoping this year I make it!

Rockefeller Center Tree: This is a no-brainer. In years past my family would drive into the city around 11pm on Christmas Eve to see the tree, as it is quiet before midnight mass at St. Patrick's Cathedral which is across the street. You can also see Saks Fifth Ave windows and light show!



Dyker Heights in Brooklyn is known for spectacular lights. I would love to drive out there and see it for myself!

And finally I am going to participate in a Gift Swap this year! Would you love to join in? See the photos below! Please only respond if you are serious!

Now it's your turn, what will you be doing this holiday season? Share something that excites you for the upcoming holiday season!



XoXo,
Tracy






Comments

Popular Posts

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *