Upper E(at)side

This past Friday I met my best friend and her mom for our monthly dinner in New York City and it also just happened to be #NationalDessertDay. Between dinner, dessert and the following morning brunch for #NYCWFF I was completely stuffed for the rest of the weekend.

Friday night I arrived into the city early enough that I could walk from Port Authority to the restaurant, The Bar Room located on E. 60th street between Park & Lex. I had been to the restaurant back in September for her 30th Birthday so I knew I had time to walk past Bryant Park and take some photos! Back in 2010 my office was one block and I would always bring lunch and just eat and people watch in the park, still one of my favorites places and activities to do!

Bryant Park Grill

The New York Public Library

Steps outside the NYPL

The Bar Downstairs 

When I arrived at the restaurant the rest of my party was already seated in the back. I joined them and immediately ordered a glass of wine. 


Our conversations included recaps of the Jewish Holidays that recently ended, career paths, family, and of course what would be next month's location. We may add a Broadway show which is something I cherish as my mother was a huge fan of musicals. 

We started each with a glass of wine and some appetizers for the table. We ordered Bar Room Fries and Spinach & Kale Dip. I rarely eat kale, however it landed up in my main dish as well and let me tell you it was delicious and I didn't even taste it all that much. The house made tortilla chips had the right amount of crunch and minimal salt. As for the fries, I probably could have ate the whole plate for my dinner and that's big for me, since the only way I eat potatoes is if they are fries. 

Bar Room Fries- truffle oil, Parmesan & herbs

Spinach & Kale Dip- aged cheddar, Parmesan, house made tortilla chips

When it came to ordering our main courses I knew immediately I wanted the Tuscan Kale Pesto with shrimp and my friend ordered the exact same thing. Great minds think alike! Her mom went with the Warm Kale Salad which she raved about. Our waiter continued to refill our wine glasses throughout our meal and was wonderful in never truly interrupting our conversation. The pesto had the right amount of cream and the four large shrimp made the dish and the "icing" on the cake was the fresh ricotta. 

Tuscan Kale Pesto

By the time the bill came we had a rather big decision to make, participate in #NationalDessertDay or call it a night. Guess which we did!

The Dessert Menu

Have you ever been to Dylan's Candy Bar? Dylan Lauren, the daughter of Ralph Lauren created the world's largest confectionery emporium and lifestyle brand in 2001. "Like a Child in a Candy Store" comes to mind every time I step into one of there locations.

We headed up to the Candy Cafe in the flagship store on 60th street and 3rd Ave. The cafe serves food, drinks and obviously dessert! We were 100% full from dinner but that did not stop us from over-ordering sweet desserts. One for each of us and we share all three which we probably didn't need but you only live once and it was a treat!

Cookie Butter Pizza

Demolition Cookie Derby 

Breakfast of Champions 
We did #NationalDessertDay the right way! Whoa, just looking at these photos my mouth is watering all over again. Each dessert had the right amount of chocolate, caramel drizzle, and cookie in it!

And the next morning I was back in NYC for the Greenmarket Brunch hosted by Geoffrey Zakarian for the New York City Wine and Food Festival. I ate and drank my weight this weekend and have no regrets!

What did you do this weekend? Did you participate in #NationalDessertDay?

XoXo,
Tracy 

Comments

Popular Posts

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *