Five on Friday #1

#NeverForget

Spread LOVE. Spread LOVE. Spread LOVE.

In all the darkness this week I found some inspiration and I wanted to share with you some of my findings this week.

The Kindness Rocks Project - "Inspire others through randomly placed rocks along the way...Recruit every person who stumbles upon it to join in the pursuit of inspiring others through random acts of kindness" I wrote about how you can participate in Random Acts of Kindness. Share your story on their page. Most of all share. With your friends, with your family, with your children, with STRANGERS. Share with everyone! Check them out on Facebook here.

Source 

Kleenex should have been a sponsor for the ESPYS Awards this year as I am sure I was not the only one moved to tears a number of times throughout the evening. Zaevion Dobson. Craig Sager. Eric Berry. "Zaevion Dobson Was A Hero, Now His Mother Is, Too" Zenobia Dobson accepted the Arthur Ashe Courage Award on behalf of her son, Zaevion. A 15 year old boy who ran into gunfire to shield and ultimately save the lives of two friends. A true act of heroism.

Cancer Sucks. We know that. Craig Sager received the JimmyV Perseverance Award at the ESPYS on Wednesday night.  "To everybody out there, we are making progress--incredible progress" "We are going to find a cure for cancer. But WE NEED YOUR HELP." Sager said. VP Joe Biden and Craig Sager on stage, giving hope!

Proud of my Alma Mater; Johnson & Wales for becoming the first institution of higher learning in Rhode Island to ban tobacco from their campus.

I played tennis for 13 years. I've attended the U.S. Open 8 different times. One of my life goal's is to attend all 4 Majors. Serena Williams tied Steffi Graf for 22 Major Open Titles last week at Wimbledon. "Still, I Rise" by Maya Angelou was recited by Serena after her win!

What inspired you this week? I want to know.

XoXo,
Tracy


Comments

  1. my mom and I were totally crying during the ESPYS! Love random acts of kindness, they can totally turn someone's day around :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not a dry eye in my house either during the ESPY'S. Totally true about Random Acts of Kindness!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *