#NoMoreSorrys

Yes, that is the title of this post because I am so damn tired of hearing and using the word "Sorry."


This morning I was about to respond via text to a co-worker and the first word was Sorry and in that moment I caught myself. Why was I apologizing? I hadn't done anything wrong. I didn't have the answer but that wasn't wrong. I took my thought to Twitter and this response was exactly what I needed to see:


Exactly we have no obligation to anyone but ourselves in that moment. More and more lately I have been catching myself in the language I use when talking, texting or email with friends, family, co-workers, etc...

I had a co-worker a few years back who told me for every sorry I said she was going to start a monetary collection. For every sorry I would have to donate a quarter. Guess what I "donated" to myself in just two days, 32 quarters which was 8 dollars. In reality I probably should have only mentioned the word once or twice. 

We( Women) are more likely and conditioned to say "I'm Sorry" or "Sorry" even when we have nothing to apologize for. It moves the conversation along when it is actually hurting those who are involved in the conversation. 

We need to stop being so hard on ourselves. Our mind will suffer. 

I am making a conscious effort to recognize my language moving forward. I plan to journal/tweet when and why I say "sorry" in an effort to further understand myself. #NoMoreSorrys is going to be my new hashtag. Find me on Twitter

How often do you think you say the word? 

Have a great weekend!

XoXo,
Tracy 


Comments

Popular Posts

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *