Let's Talk....Weekend Fun + Food

Staying out way past midnight for many 29 year old's is completely normal. For me, I am more of a grandma and in bed by 11 most nights even on the weekends. I require plenty of sleep to be human the next day. This weekend was anything but that; however I had such a great weekend I don't care I'm running on coffee to stay awake today. 

Friday I worked in the morning and then spent the afternoon meeting my friends 9 month old nephew. What a cutie pie he is. That age is so interesting to me. We spent a good hour playing "peek-a-boo" and I am not sure who had more fun, him or I. After close to 3 hours of playtime is was time to get ready to head into New York City for dinner/drinks for my monthly dinner with my best friend and her mom. The conversation is always great just like the meals. 

We found ourselves at Sangria 46, " a place to savor the flavors, the music, and the warmth of Spanish and Latin American cultures." We didn't realize there was an outdoor patio when we made the reservation, so unfortunately we didn't get to sit outdoors but our table was fine. Next time I would make a reservation for the patio if the night is suppose to be nice. To start, we ordered a pitcher of "Sexy" Sangria. I didn't get a photo but it was filled with champagne, brandy, triple sec, mango and strawberries. We split 3 appetizers and each ordered an entree. 

Pescado en Salsa Margarita- Fillet of Sole sauteed in vermouth cream sauce with shrimp, calamari, and scallops over rice

Champignones Mixto - Cremini & Portobello Mushrooms sauteed with leeks in demi-glace, wine & Spanish Paprika

Txangurro- Basque style crab meat in Puff Pastry 
Everything was delicious. We all enjoyed being able to get different meals and sharing. Feeling good we were off to Ellen's Stardust Diner, home of the singing waitstaff. Many have went on to being on Broadway shows or becoming famous! We dessert in mind we knew we were once again going to share our 3 different choices. I will leave you with this......mouthwatering. 

The Girl Scout

Whoppie Pies

Chubby Checker 




After a great night in the city and getting home at 1:45am it was time to crash and get to work at 8am. Saturday night it was off to Tre Pizza in Freehold, NJ. Two Italian Mojito's and some "JSwipe" I was exhausted and home around 12:30. 

Sunday being Father's Day we left the day up to dad, who had us going to the beach, then decided NYC, but instead we landed up in Westfield, NJ. What a cute little town. We walked around before heading to downtown New Brunswick, NJ for dinner at Tacoria. Originally we were going to order and take it too the park; however they have an open patio that happened to be open during construction so we ate there instead. Everything from this Mexican Street Kitchen was amazing. Let's just talk about the "Golden Avocado," meaning Fried Avocado.
Overall my weekend was filled with amazing food, great company and plenty of fun. 

How was your weekend? 

XoXo,
Tracy 

Comments

Popular Posts

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *