Food for Thought: Barcelona

I can't believe I've been home for a week now from Spain. I am thankful for such a wonderful trip, time spent with my aunt and making some amazing memories. I had no expectations and I am glad because nothing would have met them.

Barcelona, you stole my heart and filled my stomach. With only 38 hours in a city that was magical, beautiful and filled with so much to see, we had to stick to a schedule which helped to see as much as we could. My aunt had been there before, and with that had a plan. 13 miles of walking from La Rambla to the Marina, through the Boqueria, passed through BarriGotic, over to La Pedrera and finishing at Sagrada Familia. The day started at 8:30am and we crashed hard by 10:45pm. 




The two buildings above, designed by Antoni Gaudi are so distinct and reflect his individual style which many of us can learn from. Be yourself. Don't limit yourself. Create stuff. Work on something you love.


La Rambla, filled with tourists and locals alike reminded me of Time Square, a place that I dread walking through, as a New Yorker. Remind yourself, it's just an area and you can make it through. Also you never know what you will see or what will inspire you. I noticed how well dressed everyone in Spain was. It inspired me to come home and just put more thought into my everyday outfits as well be myself in my style! 


Food is a common factor among everyone in the world. Overwhelmed by the options I told myself just stop at the next booth I see. It was perfect. No recommendation. I will say I recommend eating one of everything over a few days vs. trying as much as you can in one afternoon.



Christopher Columbus, thank you for being an explorer and navigator. Pay attention in History class or read more about his biography.


Would you want to sail around the world? Or own a yacht or sailboat? I love the water and being near the water; however I am not sure I could live on a boat that long. It didn't stop me from daydreaming about my future and especially what my travels will be. 



 Around every corner there are different balconies, different front doors, and something new to see! Open your eyes. Be aware of your surroundings as you never know what you will see or what you will learn?




From the rooftop to every room something really stuck out to me. Casa Mila, you are beautiful. The colors, the designs, the architecture it all has something to offer. I even wan to recreate a necklace based around the rooftop. 




Sagrada Familia, you are not what I expected. I know I will be back once you are finished in the next 10 years. Until then I have a full post on deck for it. 

Is there a place that inspires you? 

XoXo,
Tracy

Comments

  1. Thank you for sharing you diary and pictures from Barcelona! I cannot believe I never went, although it's high on my bucket list. It's good to know that you still can get a good view with only 38 hours in the city :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, absolutely. I can't wait to go back for a longer visit!

      Delete
  2. I loved Barcelona so much! I especially enjoyed all of the food there (who doesn't like tapas?!). I'd love to go back and explore more of Spain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I could eat all the Tapas. I would love to spend more time in Barcelona as well as see other parts of Spain to.

      Delete
  3. I fell in love with Gaudi in art history class and I can't believe I haven't been to Barcelona yet. One day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are going to love it in person. It is so breathtaking.

      Delete
  4. What a great guide thru the city. I have been these myself and it's lovely to remember such magical places as La Rambla and others. GReat post :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your pictures took me back to Barcelona! I visited for the first time last year and fell in love with Gaudi's architecture. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes I can't even explain Gaudi's architecture to people who haven't seen it in person!

      Delete
  6. You did a lot in just 38 hours! I had the opportunity to go to Barcelona for a weekend trip in the past, but I think I would need more time to explore. The architecture is so lovely. I would love to check out Gaudi's work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we accomplished more then I ever thought I could. His work is beautiful. I can't wait to go back for a longer visit!

      Delete
  7. You are making me want to pack my bags and prepare for a vacation to Barcelona right away. The place is just so beautiful. And you covered so much grounds in just so less time. You seem to be very effective with your time management :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Yes, with smart planning you can see a lot in a short period of time. I want to pack my bags and head back for a longer stay!

      Delete
  8. Barcelona is high on my list - I have to get there! Your pictures are beautiful and I love your recommendation to try all the food - that is totally what I plan to do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eat everything!! Thank you, and yes I can't wait to go back for a longer stay!

      Delete
  9. I can't believe you managed to see so much in such a short time. Barcelona is such ana" amazing place and it sounds like you really got to explore the best it had to offer. What was the best thing you ate during your time there?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it came with strategic planning and good time management. Everything I ate was amazing, especially at the Boqueria.

      Delete
  10. I lived in Barcelona for 8 months and I miss La Boqueria every day! Its fresh juices, incredible jamon serrano sandwiches, and bustle of people were one of my favorite things. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now I am dreaming of Jamon Serrano sandwiches. Yes, from fresh juice to delicious desserts miss it to. I would love to live in Barcelona!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *