Backyard Beauty

While working at the yoga studio this morning I decided I would spend the afternoon writing and taking some fall photos. I wanted to just get out of my head and really disconnect but at the same time I am experimenting with photography so I knew it would be a great afternoon for just that.
People travel all over the world to see beautiful lakes, fall foliage, and the changing the of seasons. Today I traveled all of 7 miles to Freehold, NJ. This is practically my backyard and yet I never stop to see the beauty in this town. 

My first stop was to Lake Topanemus Park, a 71-acre site of gorgeous scenery. For those interested in fishing, jogging, biking, running, walking, boating, and setting up a picnic this is the spot for you. Filled with beautiful trees, flowers and wildlife there is something for everyone to enjoy. 

Lake Life

Orange

Bridge

Bare Beauty
I experimented with the settings on my camera while also being inspired to write. Spending some time there really motivated me to explore more. 

Ready for the shot!
Next up was Downtown Freehold, home to some wonderful restaurants and gorgeous homes. When you think of places to visit and restaurants to try most people wouldn't assume your local small town has some great options. This where I like to differ and be the first to say, some of my favorite meals are from local restaurants. I have dined in 5 start restaurants in NYC, Las Vegas, Miami, etc and yet I come back ready for my next meal local to my hometown. 

America



Green House

Downtown Freehold, NJ



Oyako Tso's - Half Price Sushi & BYOB

El Meson - Traditional Mexican, BYOB & Indoor/Outdoor Seating

Alycia's Bistro - Using local and seasonal ingredients reflects seasonally changing menu, BYOB 

Metropolitan Cafe - New American Menu with Pacific Rim flair. (Great Restaurants NJ)

Having eaten at each of the above restaurants numerous times I can say that downtown, Freehold is not lacking in the #foodie scene in New Jersey. I have also enjoyed wonderful meals at all restaurants under Great Restaurants NJ and let me tell you they definitely live up to their name.  

Looking for a place to stay when visiting the area, I would highly recommend the American Hotel, a boutique property with 20 rooms. You can walk to the above restaurants, visit Six Flags Great Adventure, or enjoy time on the Jersey Shore Beaches. 

I had a wonderful afternoon exploring my backyard, taking photos and being inspired to write and travel more! 

What small town would your recommend I add to my list?

XoXo,
Tracy





Comments

Popular Posts

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *