Let's Talk....Friday Favorites

Any exciting plans this weekend? I am doing some spring cleaning and packing for my last minute vacation to Florida. I need this trip to unplug, clear my head, get some good runs in and do some major reading on the beach. I will take a break from sending out resumes and applications. Speaking of beach, I thought we were headed in the right direction this week with spring like temperatures until I woke up this morning. Lets just say I wasn't pleased to this picture I took when I looked out the front door. This is NOT a Friday favorite.

OK, enough with the snow lets chat about some of my favorites from this week!

1) I recently stumbled upon Smart, Pretty and Awkward run by Molly Beck Ford. I love the three honest pieces of advice in each post. In this article she talks about her strategy to building her network  "one reach out at a time"

2) After writing this post on friendship, I saw an Twitter take over of friendship posts by many of the bloggers I follow. This one that really struck me and that I actually forwarded to three of my single friends across the country is by Theodora of Preppy Runner. I am all about strengthening my relationships with my single friends.

3) One of my best friends from 2nd grade is married and living just over the bridge in Staten Island. On Sunday I drove out to spend the day and we decided to cook dinner together. If you know me, cooking is one of my biggest fears. I always say I will work on it and do for a day or two and then run from the kitchen. Anyway we started the day walking in the park, followed by wine on the patio and then into the kitchen we went. We made Chicken Marsala, Spaghetti Squash and Brussels Sprouts all from recipes she found on Pinterest. I guess I should review my "Girl, learn out to cook/bake already" board.
4) What books have you read that you enjoyed? Reading is on my list of goals for 2016 and I have just started " You are a Badass" by Jen Sincero. So far I am really enjoying it! What books should I read next week on vacation? Thank you in advance for the recommendations!


P.S. Everyone knows someone who has been affected by cancer. Yes, everyone is constantly fundraising for a cause close to their heart. This year my dad is riding his bike over 2 days for 180 miles to send 430 kids with a terminal illness to camp. He will also ride in honor of his wife and my mother who lost her battle to cancer in 2010. Every donation counts. No donation is too small. Thank you in advance!
Have a great weekend!

XoXo,
Tracy

Comments

Popular Posts

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *