10 Minutes

What can you accomplish in 10 minutes? I recently took a yoga class and the instructor asked us that very question. A million thoughts were running through my head. This was the end of class and I was just thinking the 15+ things I had to get done that afternoon. However, something stopped me dead in my tracks. I am still not sure what, but I listened. The room was silent and one word escaped her lips- Meditation.

What? Is she serious? One girl in the class looked like she was about to burst out in laughter. Another turned and said, I never tried it. In that moment I sat in silence thinking about what the instructor said. After leaving the class I decided to do some more research. Maybe this could really help me in many areas. I am stressed over finding a job. I am in constant limbo. I am working on my anxiety. This could be another tool.

I found myself in the corner of Barnes & Noble reading books on Meditation, reading articles off Twitter, and blog posts on this very topic. Whoa there is so much information out there. I decided to take the instructors advice; however I broke it down. Instead of one 10 minute session I decided to spend 5 minutes first thing when I wake up and 5 minutes right before going to bed to meditate. I started this on January 27th the same day my job ended and I was going to be unemployed. We are a few days shy of one month and let me tell you; I see a difference. One major difference I see is speaking clearer, slower, and quieter. Naturally I am loud, talk with my hands, and ramble. Since adding meditation I have noticed that difference along with my attitude. Sure there are days I am stressing over applications and rejections, then I remember I have 5 minutes of peace coming later that evening.

It only takes 10 minutes. You can do it for less time or more time. Right now I am comfortable where I am. I look forward to growing with this. If I can accept mediation into my life I am sure you can. Have you tried it? What are your thoughts? I would love to hear from you!

XoXo,
Tracy

Comments

  1. I have tried it and it takes sooo long to get the hang of it but i found that if i mold it to my own life i can do it in a way that is realistic and still benefits me :)
    XO Ellen from Ask Away
    www.askawayblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree that is was hard in the beginning. Once I got the hang it was great . Glad you found a way for it to be realistic and beneficial for you!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *