Winter Village at Bryant Park

And my favorite seasonal holiday market is finally here! I still can't believe it opened on October 29th, before Halloween. It took me some time, but I made my first of many visits this past Monday. The holiday season is magical, especially in New York City. Drinking hot cocoa, skating under the lights, and supporting small business while doing your holiday shopping are just a few activities at the Winter Village at Bryant Park!



Here are some tips for Ice Skating at Bryant Park
  • Open until March 4, 2018
  • Hours: 8am-10pm (Weather permitting)
  • Admission is Free. If you have your own skates, even better.
  • Skate Rentals: $20
  • You can check your bags and/or rent a locker for a cost. 
  • Have friends/family take pictures on the side of the rink opposite the entrance. There is more space. In front of the tree gets more crowded. 




Similar to the European open-air markets, the holiday shops feature food and artisanal boutiques offering yummy eats, exquisite gifts,  and decorative goods. Housed in custom designed kiosks, you can quickly browse each shop. 

  • Hours:
    • Monday-Friday 11am-8pm
    • Saturday-Sunday 10am-8pm
    • Many of the shops are open on Major Holidays.
  • Local Food Vendors
    • Grab a bite and find a picnic table or bench around the ice skating rink to enjoy the views and delicious food!

UrbanSpace Provisions

Southwest Porch


Domo Taco


Cookie DO NYC


As the weather gets colder, the kids can get more restless. Check out the carousel as well as the Activity Nook where they can color, play games, do arts & crafts and more in a heated tent. 



From a coffee bar in the morning to a wine and cocktail bar in the evening, be sure to check out Public Fare, a fine-causal pop-up eatery at the Northeast corner of the rink, operated by Danny Meyer's Union Square Hospitality Group. 



If you are anything like me, one who loves to explore, shop, eat and people watch, you could easily spend a few hours at the Winter Village in Bryant Park. Don't rush through would be on my biggest tips. Another, is get to know the owners of the boutiques as many of them are happy to talk shop! 

Have you ever been to the Winter Village at Bryant Park? What is one of your favorite holiday markets?



XoXo,
Tracy 

Comments

  1. No way, I've been to Bryant Park every day these past days. So cool you've posted this cause I've wondered about the bag storage at the rink. Ares you skating here a lot?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So I am not a huge skater, I usually hold the bags of family members. But once we did rent a locker and it was great we skated, ate, skated again and then at the end grabbed our bags.

      Delete
  2. I've been to Bryant Park several times but never to the Winter Village. Looks like I might have to take a trip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is worth it! Believe me and then take a trip over to Lord & Taylor to see their windows decorated for the holidays! All the winter wonderland magic!

      Delete
  3. I remember this winter village! A pity the queue to skate was at least equivalent to a one-hour wait when i got there :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea the lines are always long, but it's worth it.

      Delete
  4. I wish I was graceful enough (or had enough balance) to enjoy the ice like this! It always looks so fun when other people swish about on the ice, but I just go flying, in a clutsy way! *sigh*

    This does look like a lovely park to explore, even if I'd be rubbish at the actual skating!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Believe me I am not that good and I have seen even worse. I think it's more about the idea of winter wonderland skating! It's so magical even with people flying all over the place. I saw a woman swan dive, almost taking down a complete stranger with her!

      Delete
  5. I love Bryant Park and NYC so much! So much to do especially during the holidays! Winter village sounds like a blast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is so much fun! I eat and shop my way through every year!

      Delete
  6. I'm from NYC and I love the city around the holidays. I remember going to Bryant Park for ice skating as a child. I need to go back and experience it as an adult! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When you go back, skate then hit the bar at Public Fare and watch the skaters! Also the food throughout is amazing! You will love it as an adult, I know I do!

      Delete
  7. What a wonderful experience. I am currently living in Nairobi and this was a real taste of what winter and Christmas looks like in the Northern Hemisphere. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Winter Village sounds like a pretty cool place to stroll and spend a lazy day! Love how there are several dining options and lots of fun activities to try :) Would definitely love to try ice skating though.. But I'm like a klutz on balance. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You see all types of skaters, believe me I am a huge klutz as well. It is so much fun! Have a Happy Holidays!

      Delete
  9. One of my favorite parks in NYC and especially during the holiday season. I work not too far away and sometimes go to the park for a walk and lunch break. It's so magical! I love no chewing allowed which has a small shop near the ice skating rink. Delicious chocolate and no chewing allowed! Recommend it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the recommendation. I will have to check it out. It's wonderful this time of year!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *