Street Art in NYC

Block after block you are bound to see some sort of incredible art murals on the walls in New York City. Every time I am in the city I find a new mural, some with a message some without. You are able to interpret it any way you want. I am amazed and impressed every time I come across a new piece of #StreetArt or #UrbanArt.

Here a few pieces I have seen over the past few months in New York City as well as some recommendations on where to look for them!


 The above two photos were taken in Chelsea on my walk from Soho to Midtown where I was meeting someone for lunch! I only wish I was a master when it came to tools, but I am the first to admit I am not handy.
 Black and white always seem to stand out. I don't have a description for the scribble in the above mural.
 The Empire Diner is an iconic landmark in New York City and I have to say they have some delicious food! Grab a seat at the outdoor patio if you can, people watch and then head over to The Highline!
 Across the street from the diner, is this Juban NYC with a cool mural. It has an A rating, so if you're up for it, give it a try. I have added it to my ongoing, very long list of restaurants to try in NYC. Check out there Instagram!


 As you are making your way to the Highline there are some amazing art galleries near by. Turn down any side street and you are guaranteed to see some cool murals like the one above!


Once you make it to the Highline, make sure your phone and camera are charged and ready for all the amazing views, especially the street art. This is just one of the many photos I took!


And last week, if you remember I attended one of the New York City Food & Wine Festival events, a brunch at Chinese Tuxedo in Chinatown! This guy was hanging out next door. I love the how vibrant and neutral the colors are at the same time! 

If you love it as much as me, check out #StreetArtChat on Twitter, hosted by RoarLoud!




Do you love street art? Where have you seen some awesome street art?

XoXo,
Tracy 


Comments

  1. Street art can be fascinating, but sometimes a scribble is just a scribble! I think the difference between street art and graffiti is the intent. Art is there to provoke thought and conversation; graffiti is there to be deciphered by other graffitists. Most of your photos are wonderful examples of street art.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool photos. I especially like the Juban NYC one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Juban was a random find and I am actually looking forward to trying the restaurant and here there is more art work on the inside as well!

      Delete
  3. LOVE street art! Thanks for a fun look around some of the pieces in NYC. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. So much beautiful street art! Finding street art is one of my favorite things to do while traveling. I would love to go explore the art in NYC!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kristen, I totally agree. This is only a small piece of NYC. Brooklyn, Astoria, Queens and many other parts of the city have more! You could spend days finding street art!

      Delete
  5. I love the street art in NYC there are so many interesting things going on everywhere, I sometimes forget about the area around the high line in Chelsea. I was so lucky to have the building I was living in in Brooklyn to be tagged by Banksy a few years back, it was icing on the NYC street art cake for me :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Candiss, that is amazing and such a wonderful fun fact when you are asked that! Yes, I love the area around Chelsea and Brooklyn has some great work as well!

      Delete
  6. I love street art and the people, who create it! You need to have a huge talent! I've been in NYC 3 times and haven't seen most of these on your photos, another reason to come back again)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed. I met a street artist in Barcelona who has been painting street art since he was 5 and he is in his 30's now. I loved listening to his story! Yes there are so many places in NYC to see street art!

      Delete
  7. Interest angle to tackle a NYC tour!! :) I hope to visit NY as well one day! Happy travels!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing. These were really nice. I love street art. I took several last week when I was in Iceland. I feel like street art tells you a lot about where you're visiting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, and I hope to one day make it to Iceland! I bet there are some great shots!

      Delete
  9. Wow I’m obsessed with street art around the world, looks like I have another reason to return to NYC!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Jen there is so much to see in all the boroughs, street art wise!

      Delete
  10. NY seems a city with an enormous creative art community that is vividly illustrated on the streets ! I likethese colorful illustrations and creative, unique pieces. I guess street art has now become a vital part of the culture in the NY city, giving artists an outlet to express themselves outside of the constraints of the normal art world :-)... I would love to view them with my own eyes. It gives me an excuse for a return visit to NY city !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. C, I totally agree and yes they have such a great outlet. It's amazing how the street art, brings communities together as well in the city! I think everyone should see it with their own eyes and interpret it themselves!

      Delete
  11. I love street art! I took an awesome street art tour in Liverpool last year. I'll have to check these out next time I'm in NYC!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *