Let's Talk....Memorial Day Weekend

Sunday evening and I am relaxing in bed currently reading #AskGaryVee: One Entrepreneur's Take on Leadership, Social Media and Self-Awareness!

Let's take a step back and recap my successful weekend of work, beach, food, food, BBQ, friends and more food! See the pattern that is of #MDW!

Yesterday I worked in the morning from 8-2:30 before heading home changing and hitting the beach with my aunt. Living so close to the Jersey Shore I love going in the afternoons since most of the time it is quiet. Even with it being a holiday weekend most people were exiting the Avon Beach by the time we arrived. The only downside was how "cold" it was with the wind. I still managed a good hour and a half and some wind burn!

When your skin matches the color of the sand.


With it being #NationalHamburgerDay we decided to stop for burgers on the way home. I had never been to Bobby's Burger Palace so we decided after leaving Avon ( our beach) we would make the stop in Eatontown. I created my own and it got mixed reviews. Interested in your thoughts?


Medium with Bacon, Fried Egg and Avocado Relish. 
 Who has two breakfast's and then heads out to a lunch BBQ? I never turn down a breakfast since it is one of my favorite meals.  I headed to Turning Point Cafe this morning with my sister's boyfriend since she had a morning shift at work. My go-to breakfast place and top 5 all time favorite places for brunch! We live close to the one in Manalapan ( for any NJ readers) and I also frequent the one at Pier Village in Long Branch. For the first time ever, I drank hot coffee from a French Press. Adding that to the list of new things I've done. As for breakfast I had my usual, Classic Benedict!

Heaven on a plate!

 After that I headed up to Scotch Plains to visit friends who were hosting a BBQ at their new home. I picked up a friend from the Westfield train station and headed over to enjoy an afternoon of Friends, Fun and Sun. More food such as my Kosher Hot Dog, pasta salad and plenty of fruit was consumed. We played Kan Jam and my team won both rounds! Have you ever heard of this game or even played? It was new to me but since I won I didn't mind playing!

After a successful afternoon I headed home with one more stop in mind. In order to complete my Memorial Day Weekend since tomorrow will be a washout here in NJ I knew I needed to make the stop tonight at:

Chocolate Fudge Brownie + Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup! 
I would call the weekend a success. Spent time with friends and family. Enjoyed some good food and even walked away with a little color. ** I take care of my skin and use plenty of 50 sunscreen but it is inevitable to not get burnt even the smallest amount.


What did you do this Memorial Day Weekend?

XoXo,
Tracy


Comments

Popular Posts

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *