Tracy Say's: What's New

I heard this quote the other day and read it all over Instagram as well!

"It's a Pandemic, not a Productivity contest" and let me tell you I have been reminding myself that daily. With everything going on in the world, we are all experiencing it together; however all on different levels.




Just like we are our own person, each household is going through this in their own way, and we need to throw ALL judgement of others out. I've seen some crazy, mean and hateful comments on the internet and could never imagine saying that to anyone. As my mother always taught me, "If you have nothing nice to say, don't say it al all." Seriously, if you wouldn't say it to someone's face, don't say it on their feed just because you can hide behind a screen.

With that said, there are a few things that I have been doing that bring me joy throughout this unprecedented time.

1) Cooking
First things first, let me be completely honest, I have never liked cooking, but lately have enjoyed spending time in the kitchen with my roommate making meals. At 33 she taught me how to make over-easy and sunny-side- up eggs. Yes, I couldn't even make eggs. I also asked if Vanilla is vegan? What else do you put in Salted Caramel to make Salted Caramel as I was making a caramel sauce in the blender. She belly laughed all night, if you read this and chuckled, you are welcome. We have a Quarantine Recipe Pinterest Board which you can find here.

2) Flat Lay Photography
As a Poshmark Seller, my closet can be found here, I have been enjoying enhancing my photography skills while creating flat lay designs. I ordered a new camera a few months back for a project I wanted to work on, which is on hold due to the pandemic, so I have been using it for other shots like the flat lays and nature in my own backyard or on daily walks!



3) Photography
I have loved experimenting with new angels, learning what lighting is best, and just overall shooting whatever I see on my daily walks. Next, I am excited to start shooting more food, especially what I cook myself. You can see some it already on Instagram. I am going to make my own small challenge for myself over the next few days which I am really excited about.

4) Giving Back
Stop right there if you think you must make a monetary donation, because I am here to tell you, that it is absolutely NOT necessary to make a donation to make a difference.
  •  Share about your favorite small business on your social media platform
  •  Companies right now are making donations if you take a photo and share it, for example the #MatzahChallenge which is over. But you get what I am saying. 
  •  Wave to your neighbors on your daily walk. An acknowledgement, six feet away or more can make someone's day.
If you are able to make a monetary donation do so.
  •  My birthday was last week, I posted a photo and for every like I made a donation to a hospital.
  • Support a local restaurant in your town that is doing curb-side take-out or delivery. If you can order directly that is better than through a delivery app; however any way to support them is great. We have been doing Take-Out Tuesday. If you are in New Jersey check out Jersey Bites Take-Out Finder
  • I am sure someone on Instagram that you follow has or is sharing a GoFundMe which is also a great way to give back and show your support to those that inspire you.
Also, STAY HOME. Thank you to all the Essential Workers out there; Hospital Employees, Grocery Employees, Postal Service Workers, Truck Drivers and everyone else. 

5) Yoga
This has been good for my mental health, along with the next thing on my list. I don't practice daily, but do as much as I can. I am feeling better when I stretching and actually able to do the posses; however grateful for modifications and beginner online videos as well. 

6) Journaling
EVERY NIGHT. I haven't missed a night since March 16th. This has been such a wonderful outlet for me. I am almost done with my first journal and love my next one as well. Some nights are 2-3 sentences where others are 2-3 pages. It depends on the days feelings and emotions and I am OK with that. I am learning a lot about myself during this time. Taking it one day at a time. 

My hope is that you are staying safe, feeling well and taking care of yourself during this time. Yes, we are social-distancing, but don't social-isolate. One of the biggest take-a way's for me so far is that I have cancelled too many plans in the past just because and or never made an effort. Once this is behind I look forward to connecting with my friends in person, and putting myself out there a little more. 

What have you been up to lately? 

XoXo,
Tracy

Comments

Popular Posts

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *