Girl's Weekend in New York City

Whether you are headed to New York City for a bachelorette party, mother/daughter trip or girls weekend here is a quick itinerary for your stay! This guide will include, where to stay, where to grab brunch, shop and what to see. There will be something for everyone!


Checking- In.....

The Moxy Downtown for cool vibes, fun bar in the lobby and just a place to crash your head after your night out! Located downtown near the World Trade Center, you can explore that area during the day. When you are ready for a night out, grab the subway at Fulton Center and head north to Times Square, Upper West Side, or south to Brooklyn! Check out the link for a full review.

Another great hotel downtown near the South Street Seaport is the AC Hotel by Marriott Downtown. With breathtaking views of the East River, this property does not disappoint. There are some great restaurants nearby such as; Industry Kitchen, Harry's Italian, and 10 Corso Como. And if you are in the mood for dessert, check out the Big Gay Ice Cream Shop! Check out the link for a full review.

Reservations Please.....

Beauty & Essex for a bachelorette party would be the perfect place for dinner before a night out in the Lower East Side. This restaurant, bar & lounge sits behind a working pawn shop and serves up some delicious cocktails and tasty bites.

Industry Kitchen is perfect in the spring, summer and fall if you want to enjoy the outdoor patio, right on the water. However, if you are visiting in the winter, no worries, it's just as good inside. Perfect for large parties, or just a table for two. The wood oven grilled meats and pizza are a favorite of mine. Click here for more.

Mother/Daughter trip to the city would be perfect with a Broadway show followed by dinner at Hunt & Fish Club. If you happen to be in the city during Restaurant Week you can also check them out, then. From fresh seafood to hearty Italian every dish I've had has been better than the last one.

You can read a full review of Scarlatto here.

For Brunch which is my favorite meal, what my Instagram revolves around, and my biggest asked question, here are my recommendations:

Citizens, which has a few locations throughout the city. I've been to the one in Chelsea but heard wonderful things about all three locations. Depending on where you are staying I would check out the one closest to your hotel. The coffee is fantastic and the meals are perfect. I would recommend ordering and sharing amongst our party. Each location is also very Instagram friendly!

If the wait isn't too bad, I would highly recommend checking out Penelope. Since they do not take reservations, get there early, because there is nothing like that comfort food for brunch to start your day off right! Nutella French Toast, Donuts & Coffee need I say more?

Spend some time in Tribeca, especially for shopping and grabbing brunch at Bubby's. The made from scratch, Flaky Buttermilk Biscuits are an absolute must. If you are still carb-loading or loving like me, you next order will be the delicious pancakes! Once you are full walk it off in the neighborhood!

Can I help you find anything.....

Like I said above, spend time in Tribeca. For the book lovers in your party, check out The Mysterious Bookshop.

In Chelsea, your first stop should be the Chelsea Market. Next, I love a good thrift store, and Housing Works on 17th Street is one of my favorite places to stop in and browse. The mission behind them, of healing a community of people living with and affected by HIV/AIDS through advocacy is so important and a cause I support.

Soho has some of my favorite stores including; Bloomingdale's, Zara, and One King's Lane.

If you are walking along 5th Ave near Central Park, you wallet may hurt by the end of the day. One place I always find myself, is the Anthropologie in Rockefeller Center as they have a large plus size section and the friendliest staff ever.

Getting there......

Depending on if you are flying, driving, or taking the train I would recommend a few things. One don't drive unless you absolutely have to as parking is so expensive and you won't need your car in the city. Second, if you are flying in JFK, the AirTran to E Train is super cheap and easy to navigate. If you are flying in LGA, you are best with an Uber. As for Newark, my home airport I recommend the NJ Transit train to Penn Station. Both Penn Station and Grand Central Station are easy to navigate. If you are taking a bus it will drop you at Port Authority which I recommend getting out of once you are off the bus. As someone who commutes through there everyday, I try to avoid it at all costs every other time.

Questions about New York City? Leave them in the comments or shoot me a DM on Instagram. I could talk about my home city and favorite city all day everyday! 




XoXo,
Tracy 






Comments

  1. These are some great tips, I'll have to check back next time I am in NYC.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Marika! Yes let me know if you visit any! I love NYC.

      Delete
  2. The great thing about NYC is several people can go and not see and do the same thing! I love your suggestions.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *