17 Travel Related Things to be Thankful For

In life we tend to forget or not be thankful for the little things in life, especially during the holiday season. I have been to New York City now a few times in the past few weeks, and as the bus rounds the corner pulling into Port Authority I am reminded how thankful I am to have this city as my home base. With that said I have a few other travel tidbits that I am thankful for this season!


1. One World Trade Center. The 6th tallest building in the world, is in lower Manhattan that I have visited time and time again.


2.  Travel Photos. From early childhood through today I am reminded of the memories from each trip when looking back on photos!

3. A cousin in San Francisco. Extended work trip/birthday trip to explore a city that became a favorite pretty quickly. It helps our family has business in the wine industry. Looking to check out a cool urban winery in Oakland, CA check out Brooklyn West Winery.


4. Locals. There is so much you can learn from striking up a conversation with locals in a new town, city or country you are visiting. From where to eat of the beaten path to what to see on "off" hours are just some tips I have received from locals.

5. New Friends. In 2010 I went on Birthright Israel with 40 complete strangers. After 10 days I came home with half a dozen new friends for life. We've celebrated weddings, babies, and more already. Being spread across the country I am thankful for Facebook, texting and quick trips!


6. Work Trips. I've been able to see Las Vegas (4X) Chicago (2X) all expenses paid due to traveling for work. A few hours here and there and few hours less sleep I was able to explore the city on my off hours. Chicago has some of the most amazing architecture and I love that you see something new every time you walk down the Las Vegas Strip.

7. Vacation Time. Many companies offer it, yet many employees are hesitant to take it. I never understood that as I always believe if you are given something, you should take full advantage. For some it is easier then others. What's great is if you can tack on a long weekend.

8. In-Flight Entertainment. As much as I would love to admit I can sleep on planes, I usually have a hard time. If I find a boring movie I start to play it so I will knock out, quicker. On short flights I love to watch some TV shows.

9. A New Place. There is so much to see in this world. I tend to think that I am not a creature of habit, yet I have been known to frequent the same restaurants and places. However over the past few years I have made a huge effort to visit a new place at least once a year. It doesn't have to be an international trip, it can be one in my backyard!

10. New Jersey. My home state. From Atlantic City to Sussex County there is something for everyone. I spend summers at the Jersey Shore and fall/winter hiking and skiing in the same state.


11. Travel Bloggers. Interacting with fellow travelers is wonderful. Being inspired by their trips, amazing photography/videos and out of the box destinations. Check out Female Travel Bloggers. I also love Eat Live Travel Drink, SeekingNeverland, and Passport Voyager!

12. Foodie Traveler here! Exploring a new market, trying the local cuisine, or having a home cooked meal from a local is something I am thankful for. Many wonderful conversations happen around the table. 


13. Wanderlust. Whether it's a feeling, a love for life, a curiosity it's something special. It takes me on local and international adventures. It fills my soul and makes my heart flutter!

14. United States Of America. Cities, National Parks, Beaches, you name it I have seen only a small piece of it. I would love to visit all 50 states in my lifetime. I have visited about only 15 so my list is long and my dreams are big!

15. Education. Travel is the best teacher out there. Many lessons of gratitude can also come from travel.

16. Budget Friendly Admissions. Did you know there are more and more free attractions or pay-what-you-wish/donation admissions? The Metropolitan Museum of Art has suggested admission. A Day At The Met!

17. The World. This beautiful and inspiring world that has been created for us to explore.



What are you thankful for this year? Is travel if not on the top, at least on this list?

XoXo,
Tracy


Comments

  1. Great post! I am so grateful for the opportunity to travel. I am definitely with you on the vacation time. Since I work a full-time job, I have to take every day I'm given, and I usually do. Also, grateful for family in other cities, makes it much easier to visit a place and spend time with loved ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Vanessa! Yes, I love family in other cities!

      Delete
  2. As a fellow New Yorker, I can totally relate to a bunch of these! Travel is one thing in life that brings me so much joy and keeps me moving even when things get tough or stressful. I'm thankful for it too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree with you. There is so much joy, even when traveling locally!

      Delete
  3. Amen to travel bloggers, foodie travelers, and Wanderlust! Love your list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this post! Great reminder of all the beautiful things in life! I'm thankful for just about all the same things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, life is beautiful and I am glad this post resonated with you!

      Delete
  5. yay, appreciation post. So many things to be thankful for. Glad you're sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. New friends and travel pictures are something that I am also very grateful for, Tracy, Such a great read this post was. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, especially travel photos with your new friends in them! Thank you!

      Delete
  7. I am so grateful for the world wide internet and being able to read travel blogger's experiences and tips. It has really helped me with my travels over the years :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree and love the overall inspiration from other travel bloggers!

      Delete
  8. Nice blog! I'm so thankful to be able to travel around the world since not everyone in the world can. So thankful for the beautiful experiences and loving family and friends who always support me. Thank you helping me to count my blessings! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wish we had more photos of all the family vacations we went on when I was a child. I'm eternally grateful that I have a job in a location that makes it easy to travel and that also makes it affordable while being able to utilize my vacation days every year.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Woo FTB! I had them in my 2017 roundup, too haha! And I love #8 - I can sometimes knock out on a flight, but usually just end up watching back to back movies or tv shows the whole flight.

    ReplyDelete
  11. haha..even I am thankful to all these things that you mentioned but most importantly travel photos. They are my priciest possession ever.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I so much agree with you. Especially about the locals and meeting people from all over the world. I've met such characters during my trips.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So many things to be greatful for. Like bagels.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this! There are so many things to be grateful for and I agree with a lot of your list! I am always grateful for life in general!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great post! We should be thankful for the opportunity to travel in general! It's one of the greatest gifts in life!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *