What I'm Grateful For

Outdoor Amusement parks are open in New Jersey, and let me tell you, I don't need to visit to ride the rollercoaster, because let's be real this year has been a rollercoaster. Do you ever have the feeling of constantly going up and down, because I can say I do and that is enough of a rollercoaster ride for me. I know deep down I will be OK and like everyone will get through this time. 

One thing that has helped me through this entire pandemic has been to write down a few things I am grateful for everyday. Beside keeping a journal, I write a separate list everyday about the small things or big thing that I have been grateful for. Some days I feel like the list rolls right off my finger tips while other days I struggle to put the pen to the paper. Some days it can be one or two things, while other days it eight to ten. 


Here I am going to share some of the things that I have been grateful for recently. If you would like to share some of you own drop them in the comments. 

July 4th Weekend- The past few years I have worked in the city and usually miss out on the fireworks and the BBQ's. However this year, I was able to have a low key and relaxing weekend at home. Cold Beer, Pizza  & Wings, and topped it off with making Fried Oreos. 

Catching up w/Friends during long walks - I take a long walk everyday and some days I listen to a new podcast episode or catch up with friends. While we all have a lot going on it's nice to actually be able to have a conversation without feeling rushed. From Florida to California it has been a great way to stay connected. 

Backyard Living - At the beginning of the summer I bought a small outdoor table to enjoy dining outdoors. I purchased outdoor string lights, borrowed some chairs from family (saving money) and added a lounge chair from the garage. Whether I am eating a meal outside, reading, or just cracking open a bottle of wine or beer to cap off the night, I have come to really love this little back patio space. Sure I could have made it cute like all the pins on Pinterest, but this works for me and you know what that's all that matters. 

Cooking/Grocery Shopping - Since the beginning of the pandemic, I was still going out to the grocery store, but less often, like once every three weeks. I would be lying if I said it wasn't nerve-wracking than. However now, I feel more comfortable and will run in once a week. (Reminder I need to go to the grocery store tomorrow) With grocery shopping, came the part that I was even less comfortable with, cooking. When I was working, meals were provided, so I would rarely cook. I am not the best cook, but I am certainly also not the worst cook. I have been experimenting more with using my air-fryer, my George Foreman grill and actually following some recipes I find interesting. From Pinterest to Instagram, I don't even need a cookbook, since I can usually find something on those sources. Most importantly I am super close to mastering Fried Oreos! 

Share something you are grateful for in the comments! 

XoXo,
Tracy

Comments

Popular Posts

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *