Where to Eat: Marina Grille Review

The Jersey Shore is home to amazing restaurants from Seafood to Mexican and everything in between. With price ranges from super cheap to expensive there is an option for everyone!

If I could eat seafood and sushi everyday for the rest of my life, I would have no problem. When a friend recommended we try Marina Grille, in Belmar I was sold. Let's just say on the weekend, the normal wait time for outside seating is 2 hours and inside is at least 1.5 hours. The good thing, is they have three, yes you read that correctly, 3 different bars! One on the inside, a tiki one outside and another smaller bar on the opposite side of the restaurant. Grab a drink and sit by the fire pit!

For two people, arriving at 6:45pm on a Saturday night in the summer, they estimated a 1.5 hour wait time for first available. I put my name down, met my friend and headed towards the tiki bar, as it was the least crowded of the three.

With views like the one below, waiting for a table wasn't bad at all.



We landed up running into a friend, who mentioned the fire pit. As this was my first time here I didn't know they had one. We grabbed our drinks and headed downstairs to the fire pit. I had to pour my beer from a bottle into a plastic cup and I was ready to go! My only wish, there was a S'mores bar, lol. The foodie in me is always looking for something sweet! Overall it was so much fun and kept us warm, as the night got colder.



Around 8:30 I decided to check with the hostess how much longer we had before being seated. The line to check was longer then the line at the bar. At first, I was shocked, how could they not find our name? As organized as the hostess was the inside host stand didn't seem to know what was happening. A manager happened to walk over and after speaking with him, we were seated rather quickly at an outside table. They apologized and the rest of the evening was wonderful. I can understand the confusion and it was great that they were prepared!

Seafood, being one of my favorite foods, I decided to get a dual seafood dish! I ordered the Crab Stuffed Salmon. My friend went with the Flounder Sandwich which looked delicious. Our hostess gave his opinion on our options and I love asking the staff for their favorite entrees, since they are in the know about what is hot and not!



The salmon was cooked perfectly with a nice size of crab meat stuffed in the middle. I could have gone for a tiny bit bigger piece of salmon, but overall the dish was fresh and delicious. I substituted the mashed potatoes for french fries and dipped them in the sauce! After we paid the bill we said our good-byes and I hit the road. A live-band was just about to go on, and if I hadn't worked two back to back long shifts I would have stayed a while, but was exhausted. Another time, I will be back!

Our meal arrived rather quickly, to my shock as it was still super crowded at 9pm. The friendly staff, the funny bartenders, and the quick thinking managers make this restaurant a place I will visit again!

With ample bars, plenty of seating, and the views you can't go wrong. If you visit the Jersey Shore anytime soon, be sure to check out Marina Grille!

What is your favorite seafood dish? 

XoXo,
Tracy 

Comments

Popular Posts

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *