National Volunteer Month

The month of April is a special one for me. First, it is my birthday month and second it is National Volunteer Month, something I am extremely passionate about. The month is dedicated to honoring all the volunteers in different communities and organizations all the while encouraging volunteerism throughout the month. From a one time act to a recurring act of volunteering many organizations rely on their volunteers.



I remember in High School we had to commit to 25 community service hours. I for one, thought how little that really was and set a personal goal to volunteer for 250 hours over my four years. I achieved my goal and more from volunteering at my synagogue to the local food bank and other events happening locally in my community. In college I volunteered and donated to the Ronald McDonald House and other charities that held a place in my heart.

If you have been reading this blog or follow me on Instagram or Twitter you know I lost my mother to Breast Cancer back in 2010. Volunteering with American Cancer Society, the Susan G Komen Race for the Cure, other organizations dedicated to Cancer research is something that I truly care about and enjoy.

Now it's your turn. There are so many ways to get out there volunteer and give back.

Maybe you have been thinking about giving blood for a while. The American Red Cross is seeking donations.

Connecting Veterans Through Volunteerism.

Host a Food Drive. Collect items for Shelters. These are simple tasks that make a lasting impact on those in need.

Those are just a few suggestions. This month each day I plan to share an organization on Twitter that is doing wonderful things for the community as well as share ways you can volunteer.

What organization are you going to volunteer with this month?

XoXo,
Tracy 






Comments

Popular Posts

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *