Brunch Bites: Toast City Diner

What is a weekend without brunch? Spend time eating, drinking, catching up with friends, or dining solo and it's bound to be a good weekend. As a huge brunch aficionado, I am always checking out new places locally and in my travels.

Today I found myself in Downtown Red Bank, New Jersey after doing a return at Anthropologie in Shrewsbury. I had heard great things about Toast, which also has locations in Montclair & Asbury Park, and therefore I decided to see if I could grab a stool at the bar. I arrived around the end of breakfast and what would be the start of lunch or if you are like me, call it Brunch any day of the week.


There is outdoor patio seating, booths, and a bar stools making for ample seating, which is great on Saturdays & Sundays. Once I was seated the very friendly waitress came over and took my order. There were endless options and when I asked for a recommendation on the Benedict's, she automatically said, Smoked Salmon over the Crab Cake, which surprised me; however I took her advice and went with it.

I loved that there were outlets under the bar, allowing me to charge my phone while I waited for my meal. The place was buzzing with families, artists, and business people, even on a Saturday of a holiday weekend.


"Peace, Love & Pancakes" such a simple mantra, that the servers wear on their t-shirts is exactly how I would describe Toast. This local spot is wonderful and I look forward to many more meals here.

The Smoked Salmon Benedict was absolutely delicious. I substituted the home fries for French fries and loved being able to dip them in the running egg yolk, I know my own little quirk. The eggs were cooked to perfection and I loved the small kick in the hollandaise sauce.


Eggs Benedict is my go-to brunch option, and 9 out of 10 times I will browse a menu and order some type of Benedict. Eggs Benedict Connoisseur over here who gives an honest review of each and every one I order! Recently I had a brunch (another post for that) with some Female Travel Bloggers in NYC and they inspired me to keep writing about this niche, Eggs Benedict!

What is your go-to brunch meal?



XoXo,
Tracy 

Comments

Popular Posts

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *