From The Oculus to Markets in NYC

If you remember last week I had dinner at Fig & Olive in the Meatpacking District with friends. I had arrived in the city early with hopes of traveling downtown. I wanted to visit "The Oculus" the centerpiece of the World Trade Center Transportation hub.

Take it all in. 

Look Up

The Hub

Each person captures a different shot! 
 From Port Authority or Penn Station you can take the A, C, E downtown. As I arrived at the subway the A arrived and I hoped on an empty train car!

Within 10 minutes I walked into this amazing structure. It's breathtaking and I found it important to stop and take a moment to remember those who lost their lives in the 9/11 Attacks before walking through the mall.

I've heard so much about Sugarfina yet have never visited one until that day. How cool is this wall in their location at the Oculus? I totally regret not buying the champagne bears, but next time!


I also checked out Kate Spade. Here is the directory of stores. There were so many people shopping and taking photos!

Next up I took the subway to 14th street with the intention to walk over to Chelsea Market. On my walk I came across, a new to me market, the Gansevoort Market. If I wasn't eating in less then an hour I totally would have ordered from a few of the purveyors. The market is open daily from 8am-8pm and you can find them on Twitter, Facebook & Instagram. Whether you are sitting at the bar or a communal table be sure to talk to the vendors and others around you. I find it fascinating to strike up a conversation with strangers as you never know who you will meet or what you can learn from them.



Bathroom Mirror 

When you are looking for quick eats I almost always head to a market. Members of your party can order whatever they want and you can share a bunch of plates. NYC is home to some delicious food markets.

Speaking of markets, after the Gansevoort, I headed to the Chelsea Market which was two blocks from the restaurant. I wanted to check out Posman Books as well as Artists & Fleas.


You know, markets are also a great place to "people watch" and not in a stalker way. Need new outfit ideas? Looking for new sneakers? All that and more inspiration for free!

Beautiful 
At this point I was starting to get hungry and still had time before meeting my friends. I decided on getting six mini doughnuts from the Doughnuttery. For six mini's I was able to choose 2 different flavors.

I didn't realize I was at Starbucks

Urban Monkey {Coffee, Banana & Coconut}

Coco Loco { Coco & Chocolate Cereal}

These small bite size doughnuts hit the spot. After literally inhaling them within a minute I decided to check out the rest of the market before heading to Fig & Olive to meet my friends! Again, order small from a bunch of different vendors. Stop in for Happy Hour. Explore the entire market and you will find something for everyone. 

What is your favorite food? Do you have a recommendation of a market I need to check out? 

XoXo,
Tracy 

Comments

  1. I used to live on the East Coast and always avoided NYC because o the bug crowds... I'm so bummed I missed my chance to see the things this city has to offer!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Kate Spade too. When I worked for a specific retailer we used to sell awesome Kate Spade product and was crazy about them. Ah, and those sweets you pictured here? Too yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These sugar doughnuts remind of the cinnamon doughnuts they sell in a Portuguese bakery near my house - and the mirror looks like something out of Beauty and the Beast!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *