My own worst critic, and loving myself anyway.....

How often do you celebrate the person you aspire to be? Are you always beating yourself up or focusing on where you failed? I tend to do the latter which I am sure many others out there do as well.

I am my own worst critic and I will be the first to admit it. Lately it has been pretty bad. I am trying really hard to work on that, especially since my 29th birthday is this week.



I am sitting here in Starbucks reflecting on the past. I should celebrate what I have accomplished. How can I when all I see is my current status: Unemployed, Broke, Stressed, and Anxious.

So what have I accomplished and what should I celebrate: Living on my own in NYC and Florida. Traveling alone in California. Graduating from Johnson & Wales University. Working hard at all of my jobs. These are all great accomplishments that friends and family tell me to embrace; however I can't see it because I am my OWN WORST CRITIC.

We need to be kinder to ourselves. My wish for my birthday this year, and yes I am sharing it out loud is that I am kinder to myself. I celebrate the good and let the bad just roll off my back. This is my way of holding myself accountable.

I would see such a change in my daily life if I decided that I would only Act, Speak, and Eat like I loved myself- despite the parts I don't always love. We all owe it to ourselves.

Loving yourself isn't something I have mastered and I am the first to admit that. I've done my fair share of telling fibs, OK lies and it pains me now to even write this. But in order to move forward I have to be honest. I am feeling a lot of emotions and at first I wasn't going to post this, but the more I thought deep down, the more I knew I had to. There is still so much soul-searching to do. So much that I can accomplish if I let myself and love myself. I will take it one day at a time. I have this feeling that I will feel lighter, more connected, and overall more enjoyable.

I hope you can be kinder to yourself and also to others. More importantly love yourself and everyday embrace it even the smallest feeling! Baby steps my friends!



 XoXo,
Tracy





Comments

Popular Posts

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *