Ways to give back during a pandemic

First and foremost, thank you to each and every healthcare worker, grocery store clerk, mailman, and every other essential worker on the front lines. We owe you so much and "thank you" just doesn't seem to be enough. I am sure there is not one person out there who does not know someone personally on the front lines.




Here are a few ways to give back during this time, as we face the Coronavirus.

Stay Home
At this point, if you are not an essential worker, you should be in your home. How is that giving back you ask, by spreading less germs to others. No one said this would be easy, but it is 100% the right thing to do. If your state doesn't have a Stay at Home order or Shelter in Place, still do your part and STAY THE FUCK HOME. I am not one for swear words, but this needs to be repeated every day for the people still going out, having gatherings, and being around groups of people.

Donate Blood
Hospitals are running low on blood. Some centers are still open, while others are not. The American Red Cross is asking for you to look for up to 3 weeks out to make an appointment as they try to open more centers in certain areas.

New York Blood Bank is also making appointments.

Support Small Businesses
I will be writing another post in what small businesses I have been and will support during this time. We all know that money can be tight during these times, so even if it is don't purchasing something, share with your community about them. Write a testimonial on their website or Facebook page. Link them in an InstaStory. We can all do our part of sharing without spending a penny. If you do have income during this time and you can spare a few dollars, choose a small business close to you!

Donate to Feeding America
Feeding America is raising money for their Covid-19 Response Fund. You can make a donation here.

Check in & Write Letters to the Elderly
This one is hard for me, as this week I lost my grandmother. She was living close by in an Assisted Living Center; however they had been on quarantine for over a month and I had not stopped in to see her. While I know she is in a better place know and watching over me, it hurts to know so many people can't visit their loved ones. If you have children you can have them hand write and draw some cards. I called two local senior living centers and they said, if we emailed them, they would post share throughout. How thoughtful and simple is that when so many are alone and scared, especially the elderly.

Also, check in on the ones who live alone. If they need anything and you can help, that would be wonderful.

Send A Gift to an Essential Employee
Last week I sent a Starbucks gift card to a friend who is a Physicians Assistant who I thought could use a nice surprise and pick me up. I have two more gifts this week I am going to send to essential workers I know. It can be something small. Let them know you are thinking of them during this time.

Listen, it is a scary time for everyone. No one is going through this alone and we are all in this together. How we come together, spread kindness, and be there for our loved ones and the less fortunate is how we do better as a country. Sitting home you can do most of the things mentioned above!



What are you doing to give back during this time?

XoXo,
Tracy 


Comments

Popular Posts

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *