Tracy Say's: My favorite Food & Travel Podcasts

It's no wonder that more and more people are listening to podcasts since sheltering-in-place and self quarantine. As you can still read blogs, you can now listen to deeper conversations and feel like an audience member, or maybe that is just me. A few people I know who are working from home, have put podcasts on in the background just so they can hear people, like they normally would in an office, and not get distracted by a TV. 



For starter's let me tell you something about me. I always hated the kitchen. It was a place I would avoid only after boiling water and making pasta. That was the extent of my "cooking skills." I am not ashamed to admit that, as it was something I did not like. Recently with the quarantine, I have been experimenting more and found myself cooking and listening to Food Podcasts along the way. Here are a few of my favorites:

When comedians and writers talk about food topics and run with it as far as they can you, you know there bound to be some great laughs. There recent episode, Avocados is one of my top 5 of any podcast episodes I have listened to. 

Emily Fedner, of FoodLoversDiary recently started a podcast in memory of her grandmother and other grandparents who raised her and cultivated her love of food. I am hooked on every episode; however my favorite is Episode 2: Jeremy Jacobowitz & his Grandma Marilyn's Brisket. Growing up in a Jewish home, the holidays were always about family and my grandmother, my mom's mom made our family brisket. She recently passed a few weeks ago, and I have re-listened to this episode twice now. 

Joe House, the host is joined by fast foodies and fine diners to share the latest editions to the food universe's menus. Internet cooking phenom Alison Roman joins House to talk about her latest cookbook in on of my favorite espisodes. If you ever scroll through Instagram, I am sure you have seen her recipes out there! One day when I am ready I will try to cook one of her's and in the meantime, I will recommend you listen up. 

In the grand scheme of things, my cancelled trip to Scottsdale, AZ for my birthday in the begining of April was not a big deal for me. With that said, I have the itch now more than ever to travel and have been reading blogs, taking virtual tours thanks to the Internet and listening to a few podcasts. Here are a few of my favorites:

Conde Nast Travel Editors share the realities of traveling as a woman today. Celebrating those who are shaking things up in food, travel journalism and adventure. I have enjoyed every episdoe and sometimes will re-listen after a few months, but one of my top favorites is "What It's Like Eating at America's Best New Restaurants for a Living."

Trav & Heather bring to life so much joy through their podcast and you can feel it in every episode. From top 10 episodes to reviews of locations I can only wanderlust about, there is something for everyone in their podcast. Give a listen to "The 12 Best Ice Cream (and Gelato) in the World."

Especially right now, with all that is going on in the world, I can say this.....NEW YORK CITY will be back, stronger and better. We are resilient, we are compassionate, we are united and we are here to stand with this amazing city. Jennifer, captures that in her new podcast, which I recommend you all check out. Drone Dating in 2020, is that even a thing? 

Now it is your turn, share one of your favorite podcasts with me? 

XoXo,
Tracy 


Comments

Popular Posts

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *