New York City & New Jersey Volunteering Opportunities

If there is one thing that I know about myself, and some days that's saying a lot, I know that when I give back, I always feel better. Knowing that I am making a difference, even the smallest one, always brings a smile to my face and puts me in a less stressful and more cheerful mood. I'll admit it has been a while since I actually donated my time to something.

Last week I dropped three bags at a local Goodwill and I was reminded in that moment, I am blessed with so much right now, that with the holidays around the corner it's time for me to give back.


We are all very busy during the holiday season, but I ask you to at least give it a ready. Maybe something will spark you to give back in your own way. Opportunities have been categorized by what you can do for the hungry, the community, children and animals.

Help the Hungry 

Community FoodBank of New Jersey
They estimate that close to 900,000 Garden State residents face hunger everyday and are food insecure. When they don't have enough food they suffer dramatic and drastic effects such as physical development and mental well-being. Here are some ways to give back; Check-Out Hunger, donate food, and time at one of the local banks.
Another great article as it relates to food insecurities from my friends at Jersey Bites.

FoodBank for New York City
They work to end hunger by organizing food, information and support for community survival. There are many ways to support them including; Shop the Food Bank Store, Donate Monthly ( $30 a month give 150 meals), and Donate Food.

Help The Children

Ronald McDonald House 
If you like to cook or bake, you can cook a meal for families with children in the hospital. It is a wonderful thing to do, especially this time of the year.

Help the Community

New York Cares
The organization has been able to impact over 450,000 disadvantaged New Yorkers every year. From Winter Wishes, to Winter Coat Drive you are able to make a difference with a small act of kindness.

Jersey Cares
With an increased level volunteer engagement critical need projects are sought after. A few ways to volunteer can be found on this calendar.

Help the Animals

Animal Haven
Finds homes in New York City and the Tri-State area foe  abandoned cats and dogs. In order for successful adaption they provide behavior intervention as well. Volunteers are the backbone of the organization.

For more opportunities during the holiday season, check this out! Leave a comment if you volunteer or if you have any other ideas.






XoXo,
Tracy





Comments

Popular Posts

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *