Let's Feast

It's no secret that when a new restaurant opens in town, I am itching to try it. 90% of the time I will go first for Happy Hour if available and then with either friends or family for lunch or dinner, depending on the restaurant.

Feast: Italian Kitchen opened just over a month ago in Old Bridge, New Jersey and it is already my new favorite Italian restaurant in the area. Seriously, a Mozzarella Bar in any restaurant will sell me.



Feast: Italian Kitchen has cool vibes while welcoming you into a warm atmosphere with three different seating areas including a side out-door patio.  Happy Hour, at the bar, Monday through Friday from 4pm-7pm at the Bar only, offers great drink specials as well small eats that are extremely reasonable. I will have to go back for Martini Monday; 1/2 select martinis & $3 meatballs.


I started with $5 dollar glass of white wine. When I dine solo at the bar, I strike up conversations with the bartenders, who know everything about the restaurant, can give great recommendations, and usually loves to have someone to chat with. I asked, Calamari or Meatballs and she couldn't say Calamari quick enough, sold!

For one person, the order was large and I was unable to finish it. They offer a mild or hot sauce with it, I chose the mild which was just perfect. I will say, I wish it was a little crispier, but for the most part they were delicious.


As I was enjoying my meal, Steven Botta, one of the owners was seated next to me and asked how I was enjoying it, which is always a nice touch. He was extremely friendly, as were the rest of the staff. You felt like you were at Sunday Dinner with your family and not in a restaurant in Central New Jersey.


The Bucatini Carbonara was absolutely delicious. With so many pasta dishes it was hard to chose just one, but I am very glad I chose that. Check out their full dinner menu. This classic dish made with guanciale and egg, didn't need anything else added.


As I was dining solo, I did not have room for dessert; and the rumor is you need to order the Nutella Pizza. Well there is always next time.

If you find yourself in New Jersey, it is worth the trip. Open Sunday through Thursday 4pm-10:30pm and Friday-Saturday from 4pm-11:30pm I highly recommend making a reservation. You can find them on Facebook and Instagram.

What's your favorite Italian Dish? 

XoXo,
Tracy 

Comments

Popular Posts

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *