Brunch Bites: Le Petit Bistro

A few weeks back I found myself anxious and just needing a mini escape. With two days off I decided to take a mini solo road trip. More of that on the next post, yet in the meantime let me just tell you about the brunch I had at Le Petit Bristro, in Rhinebeck, NY.

Located on the corner of Market St, this French Bistro serves everything from bar snacks to a romantic dinner. I happened to find myself there on a Sunday, with an hour left of their brunch menu and knew I had to give it a try. From the outside and cute exterior to the cozy seating inside I knew I was in for one great meal. The hostess, she was just a doll. We talked about her move back home, how and why she came back, why I needed this mini getaway and all the little things in life that are big moments when we don't even know them. I never got her name, but her story interesting and her character so very sincere.



It was like I had the restaurant to myself minus a group siting diagonal in front of the window next to the door. They ordered Oysters, and I am still kind of mad at myself for not getting one or two. They looked fresh and when the server walked by you could smell the amazing aromas. 


The Brunch menu had plenty are healthy, farm fresh options, many of which were sourced with local foods which I found so enjoyable. If you have read my blog in the past you know my love for Eggs Benedict and how I am always trying that dish everywhere I go. This time was no exception and the eggs were cooked perfectly. I've never been big into potatoes and usually ask or a side salad or some sort of vegetable, but these potatoes, the right amount of crisp and the sauce, made for the perfect meal. I also got my side salad which balanced out the heavy meal of the eggs and potatoes. 

The other item I saw come out while I was dining was the Shakshuka and the party a few tables down really seemed to enjoy it. Next time I would probably order that as it's one of those meals I only eat when I am in the mood for it. 



What is brunch without a mimosa? Are you team Bloody Mary or Mimosa? 


XoXo,
Tracy





Comments

Popular Posts

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *