Brunch Bites: Le Perche

Every Saturday or Sunday should start off with brunch. Whether dining solo or enjoying time with girlfriends, make sure your brunch includes either a Mimosa or Bloody Mary. If you have read any other Brunch Bite posts, you will already know that I have a go-to order.

A few weeks back on my mini road trip to Hudson, New York I stopped into La Perche for Brunch on Monday before hitting the road home. The French inspired menu is home to classics utilizing local farm goods and the extensive drink list is home to unique cocktails, French wines, local beers and ciders, and more. 

Walking in you are greeted by the wood-burning smell of baked good. There are three areas of seating including; the bar, the back room or the patio. The weather was perfect for dining al fresco and how cute is their patio space. 



As I mentioned I am a creature of habit when it comes to ordering brunch, yet I did ask the waitress what she would recommend. I love asking the staff for recommendations since they are extremely knowledgeable about the items on the menu


Almost immediately my eyes were drawn to the dejeuner americian, 2 poached farm fresh eggs, potatoes du matin, toast and adding avocado! It was a play on the classic Eggs Benedict minus the hollandaise sauce. Everything was fresh, locally sourced and cooked to perfection. I like my potatoes to be more on the crisp side and the chef nailed it. 


The couple next to me ordered the brioche toast & shakshuka maison and could not stop raving about both dishes as they shared them. They were very romantic and cute, and even said how amazed they were that I was traveling and eating out on my own. It still amazes me when people are surprised that other's travel alone. 

The outdoor patio was perfect for sipping my mimosa and doing some writing. Lately I have found myself writing more and more and not just a journal, but everything. I carry a small notebook with me and when I can I just write. Other times, I pull out my phone and jot down notes. For me it has been extremely therapeutic. 



Brunch and writing, sound like a perfect day to me. What about you? 

XoXo,
Tracy 

Comments

Popular Posts

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *