5 Reasons To Travel

One of my fondest childhood memories is the family vacations we took every year in August and then again in December. My parents worked hard to provide us with the luxury to travel to different places every year. A cruise to the Caribbean, road trip to Martha's Vineyard, our yearly escape to Disney World those are some of the best memories I have.

Every year I choose to travel to learn about somewhere new. Learning from the locals about where to visit, the best places to eat, and what you can't miss is one of the most valuable tips when traveling in my opinion.


I quickly learned that while I was working in Corporate America, that I needed to fuel my passion on the side. Travel was something that always ignited a spark, took me out of my comfort zone sometimes, and made me feel refreshed when coming home. Taking advantage of vacation days, allows me to travel for long weekends or extended trips. I remember taking a long weekend and visiting San Francisco, a city that almost made me back my bags and move to.


How many times have you been told, it's time to get out of your comfort zone. I was maybe 8 or 9 and my father told me it was time to ride Space Mountain, the roller coaster. I vaguely remember thinking he is crazy and there is no way. We got to the front of the line and it was time, no turning back. Today, I am grateful he pushed me and every time I am scared to visit a new place or think why am I going there, I tell myself "push yourself out of your comfort zone." 


























If you have ever lost a loved one, faced a horrible breakup, or just wanted to escape the everyday family drama, sometimes a good trip, similar to Eat, Pray, Love is just what you might need. Now, I am not saying you can run away from your problems, but a trip with a distraction or something new to offer my be exactly what you are craving in that moment!


A bucket list of places to visit is great. I am neither for one or against one, but on a more practical approach I would like to visit place that can teach me something. Offer me an opportunity I may not get back at home, like a cooking class with a local chef or riding a moped in the country. Take away the main "tourist" attractions and visit for the culture & the history, not the T-shirt. 

























Finally, travel to explore new lands, just like Christopher Columbus. We are not venturing into the unknown, but for us the place is new and exciting! Why rush when the plane lands in a new country? Why hike the Appalachian? It's a rush, a sense of adventure, which if you allow will take you on a wonderful journey! 





Now, it's your turn. Share in the comments why you travel! 

XoXo,
Tracy





Comments

  1. Replies
    1. San Francisco is my third favorite city! Love the bridge and the amazing shots you can get from it!

      Delete
  2. This is such an interesting post. I guess there's an element of escapism when I travel. I love to get as far away from responsibility as possible, because I'm so responsible at home and in work. But most importantly, I love learning. Finding out about new cultures, having new experiences and exploring somewhere new is a feeling I only get when I travel. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great thoughts here, I LIVE to travel! and that bridge is my happy place, been to that spot in SFO many times...I went to college nearby , loved your post!

    Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Valerie! Totally agree with live to travel!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *